In marketing, we use lead magnets as a way of generating warm leads that can, hopefully, become customers further down the line. However, there’s often a lot of confusion around what a lead magnet actually is and why they’re important for your business, which is what we want to discuss in this blog.
What is a lead magnet?
Lead magnets are a valuable resource or service that’s used to gain a prospect’s contact information. Some typical lead magnets include:
- Free trial
- Free initial consultation
- E-book guides
- Industry specific templates
Why are lead magnets important?
They generate leads
The main aim behind creating a lead magnet is to generate leads and boost sales, and that’s exactly what they do! A lead magnet creates a warm lead – someone that has expressed an interest in your business. You can then target these warm leads through re-marketing in order to get a sale.
They create relationships with prospects
Being seen to offer valuable information and time to your prospects makes your brand appear very trustworthy. Potential customers will feel as though you value them when they see you investing time and effort into them. It’s also always great when you’re seen offering all of this for free. Although you won’t physically solve their issue, you’re providing them with the tools and information they need to do it. Then when they struggle, they’ll come back for more help as they already trust you!
They can be used for content
Lead magnets are a great resource to share on your social media channel. You get the opportunity to discuss the importance of the resource and share the link to the lead magnet.
They build your email list
As we mentioned before, the idea around having a lead magnet is that you gain contact information from prospects. You can use a form on your website to collect this information and then once a prospect has submitted it, they’ll be linked or presented with the lead magnet.
It is crucial that you follow GDPR guidelines when collecting this kind, or any, information from your website visitors. You can visit our blog about GDPR here if you have any concerns.
They increase organic traffic
Having a lead magnet on your website can also increase your organic website traffic. If you’re sharing a template or guide then every time people search for information around that, your website will be in the results. Also, if you use keywords in your lead magnet then it will boost your SEO and increase your organic traffic.
How we use lead magnets at Amber Mountain Marketing
We have a range of different lead magnets at Amber Mountain Marketing and you can see all of our downloadable ones here.
Our Marketing Manager, Tamzin, offers Power Hours throughout the year. Within these Power Hours, Tamzin will answer all your marketing questions, recommend strategies and tools that she believes will work for you and keep you up to date on all of the latest marketing news and trends.
Our website downloadable’s consist of:
- Yearly Content Planner. Our current 2021 content planner and now our 2022 content planner are available to download so that you can get ahead and start planning your social media content.
- Customer Persona Template. To help you understand your target audience so that you can ensure you’re targeting them in the best way possible.
- Social Media Content Ideas. For when you’re feeling uninspired with what to post on social media, here are some great ideas. Remember to keep it engaging and relevant in order to increase engagement!
- One Page Marketing Plan. It’s difficult to know exactly what you need to include in a Marketing Plan, so we’ve created a template of a simple One Page Marketing Plan. Then you can be on your way to achieving your goals.
- SWOT Analysis Template. Being able to identify your business’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats is a key task. It can help you understand exactly how you can continue to improve and grow your business.
We have lots of ideas for some exciting new lead magnets so keep your eyes peeled for those. If you have anything you’d like to see from us then let us know by emailing us here.